A very warm, heartfelt Thank You to The Crossroads Homestead for nominating our little homestead blog for a lovely award! We are so very honored.
You may find Sarah’s Blog here: www.crossroadshomestead.wordpress.com
Please stop on by Sarah’s place for a visit, you’ll be glad you did!
5 Random Things about Me!
1. I am a Registered Yoga Teacher and a Christian.
Do you know that your body is a temple of the holy spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore, honor God with your body.
1 Corinthians 6: 19-20
Yoga is a tool that keeps me strong physically, mentally/emotionally, and spiritually. Physically, yoga strengthens my body, relieves stiffness/soreness, maintains vital energy, and flexibility. Mentally/emotionally, yoga calms my mind…I tend to be one of those people who is prone to constant thought, which can lead to worry and anxiety. Spiritually, yoga keeps me refreshed by allowing me to release stress from my body, calm my mind and open my heart to the whispers of the Spirit. I am able to meditate on God’s word, and stay focused in prayer when the stresses of life are lessened by my practice.
2. I’m a Horse Girl. I have always had a love and passion for horses for as long as I can remember. I was in high school rodeo for a time. Riding horse is a spiritual thing for me. It energizes me, and brings me joy.
3. I was trained, and worked as a cosmetologist before I had my babies. I was interested in fashion, and modeling, and it was another creative outlet for me to be a working artist. I was 19. Need I say more? It has definitely saved money on the homestead though…Mama cuts all of our hair!
4. Growing up, my dad, sister, and I raced sled dogs! We did sprint racing with 3-4 dogs, mostly. Man was that fun 🙂
5. I am a devoted wife to a loving husband, and Mama to 4 boys! I am dedicated to making Home a happy, healthy, loving place for us all to grow and blossom!
Sarah’s 5 questions!
1. Looking back on 2012 what were your greatest challenges?
Wow Sarah, you don’t waste any time gettin’ right to the nitty-gritty! Just kidding. I think for me personally, my greatest challenge for 2012 has been to accept that I am enough. Being a Mama is enough. It is more than enough, being a Mama is a higher calling on your life. Being the woman God has called and created me to be is not only a blessing, but a joy. He has a plan for each of us, even if it doesn’t seem to mesh with societies opinion of what a “successful life” is. Living that out each day takes grace.
2. What or Who inspires you?
My husband. He is my inspiration and the love of my life. He works tirelessly without complaint for us. He gives his all everyday, and then comes home to be with us. He loves me when I am unloveable. He is patient and kind, always positive and creative. He lives his faith daily by being a wonderful provider, husband, and father. He believes, “All that matters in life is family and faith.” He does it all with a smile on his face and love in his heart. I am so blessed. I love you honey.
Home. A place to create, inspire, love, celebrate and enjoy life.
3. What is the most awesome thing about your blog?
Sharing. I love the way that our little homestead blog reaches friends and family from all over the world, and right down the road. It is simply amazing to me. I also LOVE the creative outlet that it is for me. I am a very creative person, and it feeds my soul. Artists are born with a need to create, and that is how I live my life….one creation at a time! The blog fits seamlessly into sharing our hearts and our journey as a family.
4. What is at the top of your bucket list?
A family vacation. I would love to travel as a family to someplace fun, relaxing, and memorable for us as a family. Either a tropical-type beach vacay, (the kids have never seen the ocean), or a snowboarding trip to Montana. Or maybe a camping trip to the Canadian Rockies….Family fun!
5. How do you recharge your batteries when you feel mentally, emotionally, or spiritually drained?
Yoga, prayer, and meditation. being with my family. being in nature.
1. A Wisdom Within www.awisdomwithin.wordpress.com
2. Our Front Porch View www.ourfrontporchview.blogspot.com
3. Simply Growin www.simplygrowin.blogspot.com
4. Everyday Ruralty www.everydayruralty.com
5. Elisebakes www.elisebakes.wordpress.com
My 5 Questions!
1. What is your favorite recipe?
2. How do you show/express love and kindness to others?
3. What are your favorite ways, or activities, to spend time with those you love?
4. What words do you live your life by? What is your motto, or mantra for life?
5. What is your wildest dream?
For those with blogs chosen for the award– you copy and paste the award in your blog. You tell who nominated you with a link to my blog. You tell five random things about yourself and then answer my questions. When that is all done, nominate five bloggers that you follow and send them the rules and create five new questions for them to answer along with their random things.
Thank you for including Everyday Ruralty in the award. I really appreacite it. The blog world lost a friend yesterday, and I’m still upset. Forgive me, but I won’t be doing the questions. Once again- thanks for thinking of me.
I am so sorry Patrice. It is always difficult to say good bye to a friend….
Love & hugs ~Wendy